Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wild Bunch


Oil on Canvas 40"x30"
This piece, that I'm still working on, is a commission from my brother, Ralph, a landscape architect from Toronto, who owns Symmetry Design. He saw a grape painting I did two years ago, and decided he wanted one, bless his heart.
When you hold grapes up to the light, they actually look this colorful. It is a bit of an "eye candy" piece, where I want the grapes to pop out of the background with a bit of a wow factor. I am not sure if my brother is going to like this one, no matter though, he was kind enough to contact some Toronto galleries who have expressed interest, so if the painting isn't what he had in mind, I am quite happy to show it in a Toronto gallery.
I have recieved a lot of comments and I want to thank people for writing such kind words. Many folks are phenomenal artists themselves and the comments are very welcome and helpful.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Simply beautiful.

March 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Alvin Richard said...

Just tremendous! They remind me of a bunch of helium filled balloons with that colour scheme.....WOW!

March 17, 2008 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Mariela said...

The lights are great!! The grapes really pop out! I also like the composition very much.

March 19, 2008 at 2:59 AM  
Blogger Don Gray said...

Fabulous John--simply luminous.

March 20, 2008 at 12:42 AM  
Blogger A Reason to Paint said...

Beautiful work, love the shadows getting lost in the darkness!

March 26, 2008 at 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home