Friday, August 3, 2007

Apple and Pears


Oil on Canvas 28"x22"
This is the latest in my stripes series. Every time I finish one I swear that it is the last. While I think the result looks very cool, the process is a bit much. In this one, I chose to make the shadows dark, trying for a more dramatic look. Shadows are always interesting and there are many ways to render them. Intense light does create more contrast, so in this painting I decided to create the most contrast between the fruit and the surface of the table.

2 Comments:

Blogger This Painting Life said...

I love this work...you must be crazy to paint those stripes! BUT they are so effective, I really like the notion of abstracton with realism. I think this is a very successful painting, now the pain from painting it is gone, sit back and enjoy how good it is!

August 10, 2007 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger A Reason to Paint said...

I second Painting Life's sentiments - what an impressive painting; I'm very glad I wandered in here.

October 25, 2007 at 3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home