Thursday, May 31, 2007

Loading Nets


Oil on Canvas 36"x30"
This is winter on Vancouver Island. The Western King is loading nets on a drizzly day in Campbell River. Her stern sits high in the water so you can tell she's empty. Fishermen make a good living, but the weather and currents can be treacherous, especially in winter. I admire those folks. This scene attracted me because I like the industrial look. The vessel is a working boat, not designed for pleasure, and the whole sort of grittiness of the scene I find strangly beautiful. I thought I would post this as contrast to the sunny summer paintings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The colors and tone of this painting is what I enjoy about this painting. I love the mood, the quiet, coolness of it all.

June 1, 2007 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home