Sunday, June 3, 2007

Red, Green and Yellow



Oil on Canvas 22"x28"
This is a work still in progress. In this piece, I wanted to emphasize the shadows, to make them an important part of the image. In intense summer light, the shadows are crisp, and fairly dark, giving a high contrast. I'm playing with composition as well, cutting off the basket and having it come into the painting, actually enhances the roundness of it. I've done a few fruit bowl paintings and in the past I loaded them up, but in this one I was after a sparcer, airier look, working in negative space to make the image more interesting. Since the basket and the fruit is fairly textured, I thought that a simple, flat, ground would set everything off. I hope you agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home