Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Docs


Oil on Canvas 36"x30"
There's still lots I could do on this, but I don't think it would improve all that much, so I am posting it as is. I think it works fairly well.. the interest for me was to portray the reflective surface of the shoe leather and to express the character of the style of boot as well as having been worn.
I have contracted to do a children's book so the paintings will go on the back burner for a while. I will see if it is possible to still put out paintings while meeting the book deadlines.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jean Victory said...

John,
I really love how the light hits the leather of the boots. You can also feel the weight of the boots. Another nice painting!

January 15, 2008 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Linda Lucas Hardy said...

Wow! That is one incredible painting. Very impressive.

January 19, 2008 at 5:42 AM  
Blogger A Reason to Paint said...

I hope we get to see what you are doing with the children's book :)

January 20, 2008 at 1:21 AM  
Blogger Don Gray said...

Really fine work, John. I recall a pair of pac-type boots you painted that had this fine quality. These boots have great "presence" in the photo. Seeing the actual painting would likely knock my socks off (pardon pun.)

January 28, 2008 at 1:19 AM  
Blogger Sam Nielson said...

Fantastic paintings all over your blog. You've got a grasp of light and color I could only dream of having.

February 20, 2008 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger David Malan said...

Great work. the colors are extremely realistic. Very nicely done.

February 21, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home