Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wild Bunch #3



Oil on Canvas 24"x48"
What I like about this subject is how it reminds or suggests DNA. People have commented that a lot of my fruit paintings remind them of DNA. I hadn't thought of that, perhaps I'm trying to depict my own DNA, making the changes in the programming that I would prefer. Evolution has long been a fascination, and along with that, an intense wondering about how programmed are we by DNA. DNA is a crystal structure, like the old crystal radios, where it can be tuned to pick up signals. I've always thought that a signal theory of evolution was far better than the random mutation idea taught at university. The notion that our bodies were a result of accidents just never made any sense to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Holzy said...

Great job, John, really. BTW if you feel like it, pay a visit to my blog: www.alonelypath.net I am far from finished and polished works like yours, although you may enjoy it. Regards. Simon

April 7, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Alvin Richard said...

Just wonderful. All of your latest work are masterpieces. Wow, WOw and more WOW!

April 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your paintings are alarmingly lifelike. Amazing! I also like what you have to say about DNA crystals picking up signals. I agree... very cool. ;-) Check out what this article on the crystal caves in Mexico says about the effects of being in the caves: http://www.crystalinks.com/mexicocrystals.html

June 25, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home